Quilt for Granny

I think this is the quickest I have ever made a quilt...(*she says thinking about all the UFO – unfinished object – quilt projects at various stages she has yet to complete).  

I was able to gift this to my mum who should have explored Venice in March 2020.  When I remembered the charm packs I had stashed away I just had to make them up into a small quilt to enjoy.

This used most of four charm packs of fabric.  I used two packs of Moda Grand Canal by Kate Spain (the prints) and two of Moda Bella Solids – one cream and one in soft pastels, which tied in beautifully.  The binding is Moda Bella Solids in Leaf Green.  The backing fabric is called Moonscape.  The pattern was Charm Pack Cherry – a free pattern available online.

As this was a random pattern, it was quick to sew the stacks of plain and print squares into three, then into nine, then cut and reassemble.   I stitched the binding on as single binding onto the quilt top by machine and then hand-stitched to the back.  

Now to finish some more (before I start any new quilting projects?) 😆




*Update: Started sewing August 10th 2020, Finished sewing and gifted August 28th 2020!




Comments